BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Schools Out

Well, its official-I graduated 5th grade and I’m no longer in elementary school. It’s weird...every summer before this one I’ve been so happy that I have 3 months to do whatever I want, not worry about homework, grades, and not having to wake up at 6:30 every morning (Monday Friday anyway) but this one is different. It dawned on me that I’d never answer, "I go to mark twain" ever again. Next year, I won't be at the top of the food chain-I’ll be at the bottom. I know that I will visit mark twain to see everyone again, but whenever I walk into that school, instead of being a student there, I’ll be a visitor...I’ll never be a student at mark twain again, just a former student. I’m so excited for middle school, but honestly, I’m really scared too. Not many of my friends are attending Lanier with me and what if the ones that are, aren't in any of my classes? Or don't have the same lunchtime as I do? What if it takes ma a long time to make new friends? Or even worse, what if I don't make any new friends? These are the kind of questions keeping me a awake at night...I want to be grown up and even more so I want to do grown up things, but at the same time I’m still that 7 year old too afraid to go in the deep end of a swimming pool. Back then I loved swimming and I wanted to go deeper, but I didn't until I was ready and when I was, despite my fear of drowning I was able to tread water and I was ok. Maybe that's how it will be with middle school, but maybe not...I just can't help worrying about it, it's just how I am I guess.

0 comments: